Social & Inclusive Business
Social & Inclusive Business brings together economic stakeholders, including not-for-profit organizations and businesses, that put social and/or environmental development front and centre of what they do. AFD Group aims to promote this hybrid approach and boost its impact on people and the planet. Its initiatives to promote the growth of Social & Inclusive Business target stakeholders (from start-ups to big businesses), technical support organizations, funding bodies and political decision-makers.
1. Social and inclusive projects
2. Activities supporting disadvantaged groups
3. Getting Social & Inclusive Business projects off the ground
4. Helping Social & Inclusive Business stakeholders to grow
5. Promoting the development of an institutional framework that fosters Social & Inclusive Business
At a time when we are seeing the rise of a generation of entrepreneurs devoted to ensuring their businesses make a positive social impact, AFD Group is stepping up its support of Social & Inclusive Business in developing countries. AFD’s previous initiative, which was launched in 2015, resulted in a total of €163 million being granted to support 50 Social Business projects.