The economic transition of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries requires developing the private sector in order to promote job creation and build growth that benefits all, especially young people.
To this end, and in order to contribute to the objectives of the Deauville Partnership and to the priorities of France’s cooperation policy , Proparco focuses its financing on strengthening local productive bases and creating employment. This strategy leads to support for:
- SMEs in high-potential economic sectors that create high-quality jobs, particularly in industry and service sectors;
- Improving access to health services and their quality (upgrading of hospitals, creation of medical equipment and material companies and pharmaceutical laboratories for drug manufacturing…);
- Strengthening private education provision, mainly for higher education (creation of engineering schools…);
- Developing vocational training to allow young people to acquire skills that meet labor market needs and facilitate their social and vocational integration;
- The energy transition of countries in the region by financing renewable energy projects.